Friday, July 24, 2009

Ain't No Mountain


in front of Expedition Everest @ Animal Kingdom

As I'm sure you all know, I've just recently gotten back from a family vacation down to Orlando, FL. And right after that, literally the day after, my best friend and I road-tripped it over to the beautiful British Columbia, to hit up the Fairmont Hot Springs as we've been doing every Summer since 2006. Yeah, I'm dark now. Not only have I been on a slight hiatus from the Blog, but from Life itself, too. It's nice to getaway for a while, especially when it's with people you love to be around, but in the end it is just a getaway and you find yourself wanting to come back, no?

Yesterday was my first shift at work since my vacation, and it's funny how you can go almost 2 weeks without working only to come back to the Store and have everything still operate the exact same... retail is retail but it's the people that make the days different. That being said, on a heavier note, currently the atmosphere in the Store is somber and reminiscent; one of our girls that used to work with us got into a car accident this past weekend and has passed away. My thoughts and prayers go out to all friends and family affected by this terrible event.

After this week, I'll be starting to work full-time, 5 days a week, 8 hour shifts... meaning less blogging, more money. Oh and by the way, we hit 500+ posts not too long ago! Yay, go me. More milestones that are happening in my Life? Um, my iPhone randomly broke, so I'm heading off to buy the 3G today. I guess you could call that a milestone and I guess you could call that an upgrade.

Slowly getting everything back into order... have some "bills" to pay, a million things to post about, new clothes, new toys, I have yet to do my laundry, oh my gosh and Summer is halfway done already.

0 comments: