Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bones & Bondoc

bonadragbox

Once again, the Bonadrag boutique never fails. I remember when I found the site way back when I first started blogging, this snake vertebrae necklace by Erica Weiner was my favorite among the many things that caught my eye in the Flair section:

jewelrybox2sharp

"five cleaned vertebrae from a small snake are strung on a 19" antique brass chain like bizarre beads. the bones fit together satisfyingly and move in such a weirdly snake-like way, you won't be able to stop playing with them."


jewelrybox3sharp

What a beautiful idea, no? Slightly morbid, but I loved it. Although I never ended up posting about it on the Blog back then, leave it up to the Boyfriend to remember that a year later. Alas, I can finally give it a post of it's own because I finally own it. :)

jewelryboxsharp

But have no fear, he thought of everything. There's no way he'd gift me with that knowing me and knowing it was going to end up in a gigantic impossible knot along with my other bracelets and necklaces... now I have a legit jewelry box to safe keep all of my little treasures. A gorgeous, antique-inspired one that winds up and plays an instrumental version of Moon River when you open up a drawer. Sans twirling ballerina, although the quote engraved on the front was the perfect touch - one of my favorite lines from the Gabe Bondoc original, "We Match". And since smooth transitions seem to be the ongoing theme here, this brings me to the last part of my present:



...I love you. Thank you for everything.

0 comments: