Wednesday, November 18, 2009

GGG Birthday Guest No. 14: Yours Truly, 20



It's official! I am no longer a -teen... a little fact that my Mom reminded me of as she gave me a long, warm and fuzzy (she was in her bathrobe) hug yesterday morning. Let's rewind. The night leading up to my Birthday morning I witnessed a Prestige Worldwide 10pt-lead win and sat thru a cute little countdown in the stands. Ended up in the car with the Boyfriend and his brother at the actual stroke of midnight, and was really hoping to see any sign of the Leonid meteor shower on the drive home but the city lights were obviously overbearing. Got a couple of calls and texts from some good friends, then finally managed to fall asleep beside him. Perfect, so far.

Woke up to the previously mentioned hug, received a gift from the siblings, and had breakfast over open newspapers with my Dad. I missed my first class, and wrote a quiz in another... it's true, school is still school even on your Birthday. Thankfully Kirk and Corey kidnapped me off campus for a quick getaway lunch of appies at Moxies, and a couple of drinks later? Yessir, that was me sitting in Accounting with a bright red face, haha. =/ Came home to my Mom's bomb ass spaghetti for dinner... long noodles, long life. Anyone else work by that superstition? Took a quick nap (it's my Birthday, I can sleep if I want to), and somehow ended up back at the same Moxies, although this time to enjoy a double date and a white chocolate brownie. Rented the Last House on the Left to watch at Lyss' crib and before I knew it, it was November 18 already. Inevitable.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to call/text/facebook/tweet me throughout all of yesterday! I appreciated every single one of them every time miPhone went off (Facebook mobile = a text for every notification). Even despite not having an extravagant party or event, I'm truly thankful that I was still able to spend time with the friends and family that I love. Until next year, bring it on twenties.


ps: no matter how old I get, I refuse to lose my love and childish fascination for sparklers

0 comments: