Sunday, November 29, 2009

GGG Birthday Guest No. 15: Kristia, 18


Last weekend, I had the privilege of attending Kristia's debut, held at the Greenwood Inn on Saturday night. For those of you who aren't familiar with this filipino rite of passage, it's basically just a huge celebration in your honor for friends and family to celebrate it with you. Girls, it's like your own little wedding (I recall hearing Shaylee's parents, whom we were seated at a table with, say: "Did she just change dresses AGAIN?", haha). As such, obviously this party requires just as much planning and preparation... months in advance to get the invitations, decorations, giveaways, and of course: the entertainment ready. Her cotillion (aka entourage) was what I was most looking forward to seeing, considering reading so much about the dances via Wednesday night tweets and especially since it consisted of some of my friends that I would consider family. They didn't disappoint (see more photos). All in all it was another successful debut. As for me? I opted out on having one and instead got Chuck as my present for coming of age. However, Kristia's dad mentioned in his speech a clever little con: as per the debutante's reply when faced with the choice of car vs. party, I too should've said "I'll get the debut now, and the car later!" First photo courtesy of JH Photography's flickr, the rest of my little batch after the jump...


my man, my date, my arm candy ♥




mom's vintage clutch, held hostage by myself since may 2009




jyes & kirk




brennaboo and the back of her bun


the always-growing goddaughter, kaleanna


all the little girlies matching, so cute!


THE COTILLION PERFORMANCE//



pose...


dip (lorena, damn)...


high five and Bow...


impromptu group hug - "entourage" at its literal form, for sure the debutante's in there haha


(SOME OF THE) 18 CANDLES AND ROSES//







SPECIAL (SURPRISE) PERFORMANCES//

#1. kristia being serenaded by song and strings


#2. the younger cousins' hip hop performance, special otso otso appearance by jenna & ezap


to the left... to the right... oh hey PJ jumped in now


#3. the "Kuya's" surprise performance!









Happy 18th birthday Kristia,
hope this year is surrounded by these people you love every day.
Thanks for having us!

1 comments:

Kristia said...

amazingggggggggg sis! great pics, love you <3


u know who duh